India today launched a pan-India service of the single emergency helpline number ‘112’. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today launched a pan-India service of the single emergency helpline number ‘112’ for immediate assistance services from police (100), fire (101),health (108) and women (1090). Apart from emergency response service, the government also launched Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and the safe city implementation monitoring portal to improve women safety situation in the country.
Here are all the details about the 112 emergency call service
* To trigger an emergency response, you can dial 112 from phone or press power button on smartphone 3 times quickly to activate a panic call to Emergency Response Centre (ERC)
* You can also visit ERSS website for the state and lodge emergency email or send SOS alert to state ERC.
* ‘112’ India mobile app is available on Google Play store and Apple store.
* If you don’t have a smartphone, you can long press 5 or 9 key in feature phone
* Govt plans to aim a response time of 10 to 12 minutes to any call, which is sought to be brought further down to around 8 minutes within the next 6-8 months.
* Initially, 16 states and Union Territories are planning to roll-out the service.
* 16 states and Union Territories include — Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Puducherry, Lakshwadeep, Andaman, Dadar Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Jammu and Kashmir.
* To improve safety of women, government has also identified eight cities for implementation of safe city projects in first phase at a cost of Rs 2,919 crore….Read More>>>